Sunday, April 8, 2012

22 Weeks....The Easter bunny brought us a name!!





How far along? 22 Weeks
Weight loss/gain? 17 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes!!
Stretch Marks? Nope
Sleep? Not the greatest
Best moment this week? My checkup with Dr. B was this week and while Jason was there we snuck in a quick ultrasound and got to see how big she has gotten! For fun we threw on some 3D and got some great images of her. It really brightened both of our days to see her so active and looking like a real baby!......and making a BIG decision, read below for details!
Miss Anything? Nothing too new here. This week what tops my lists are my clothes, exercising, and bathing suit shopping (as I prepare for our upcoming trip)
Movement? Yes! So sweet!
Food Cravings? Sweets and fruits. And lots of them! Oh and peanut butter sandwiches. That's a new one
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not really.
Have you started to show yet?  YES!
Gender? Girl!
Labor signs? No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy! This Arkansas weather couldn't be more beautiful or enjoyable!!!
Looking forward to? Baby Moon!!! Definitely focused on that one but the big crawfish boil is next week so that's my short term looking forward! 


Well 22 weeks and this week was Easter! We had a wonderful holiday and spent the weekend enjoying beautiful weather, visiting a great new patio locale in town, working in the yard, and spending time with family. In other BIG BIG news....the Easter bunny delivered us a name this weekend. SOOOOO...without further adieu, we are pleased to reveal Little Baby O's official identity.......



So there ya have it! Can I just go on and say that this was the hardest thing I have ever had to do it. As well as the task I have seriously dreaded even pre-pregnancy! I really think I was subconsciously putting it off because it's SUCH a HUGE decision. Obviously, I hate making decisions and am completely indecisive...whenever possible when making a choice, I like to find option C where I can have both : ) Not the way it works in naming, as a matter of fact I even tried this method in giving her two first names and I lost the battle : ( I knew it would be too much in the long run but when you can't decide, just go with both, Jason didn't agree!! Oh well! I do absolutely LOVE her name and actually it's one I mentioned to Jason the day we found out she was a girl. I said it in the car and he repeated it twice and said, yeah, Presley May, I really like that. I immediately stopped him and said NOO it can't be that simple, that's not it, we have to talk about other names. And even after we did, for several weeks, we both admitted that in our heads we had already been calling her Presley. So after we finalized the spelling it was a done deal! I have to also add that the middle name has been determined WELL before we even got pregnant. I always knew that if we ever had  a girl I wanted her middle name to be May, which is my mom's maiden name. Also for reference to my wonderful Grandfather May who passed away one month before I got married. He was an outstanding man and I am thankful every single day that he taught my mother and her siblings the value of being a hard worker and always taking care of yourself. They of course passed that on to their children and I feel like if I have even a quarter of the work ethic and good will of my grandfather then I am pretty dang blessed. So that's our girl's name! It's official! And I'm gonna try my hardest not to change it : ) JK.....but I am a known flip flopper and never seem to surprise myself.  Just as a disclaimer! I hope everyone loves it as much as we do, and if you don't, don't tell me, you may change my mind! HAHA Kidding, seriously!

Here are also a few pictures from our Easter weekend.

Me and Jason with Presley's Easter basket!

Our family pic after church on Easter!

Whoah Baby!

Dyeing Easter eggs with B
Making resurrection rolls with B





In Aiden's nursery before church...can't you feel the brotherly love

Wild boys loving on mama after Easter lunch

Hunting eggs at Nettie's




A and B opening their Easter gift from me and Jason



Egg hunting with all the kids at Jason's grandpa's

Role reversal, kids hide the eggs and adults go find!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter weekend with their families! We sure did!!! Next up is the crawfish boil which I'm super pumped for and then BABYMOON!!!! We are definitely ready! Now I must tend to the forever daunting task of clearing out the extra room. SO much to do, SO little time slipping faster and faster away!!


Cheers,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment