Sunday, March 11, 2012

18 weeks...here we GROW!



How far along? 19 weeks
Weight loss/gain? 12 pounds, Dr. B was really happy with it and so was I
Maternity clothes? Hence the reason for this weeks chalkboard title, the search for maternity basics definitely began this week
Stretch Marks? No but I had a minor freak attack when I could've swore I saw three in an area I haven't even gained weight at. Jason assured me I was a lunatic and after I checked and re-checked, I realized they were marks from the way I had been sitting that morning. Pregnancy has made me crazy!
Sleep? Still sleeping well, and feeling extra tired this week for some reason
Best moment this week? Finally getting some response when I tell my patients I'm pregnant. Such as, "I thought you might have been but I hated to ask" maybe approaching the end of weird chubby phase pregnancy
Miss Anything? The usuals : ( 
Movement? Still not 100% but I think we are getting closer to making that connection. The feelings are becoming a little more noticeable
Food Cravings? Sweets and fruits like crazy as normal. I also was really hungry for mexican this week. which I ate. and made myself feel terrible later. Goal accomplished!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing major food wise this week, the HH's (headaches and heartburn) have been at an ultimate high this week
Have you started to show yet?  Yes! I can definitely tell a difference this week
Gender? Girl!
Labor signs? No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy! 
Looking forward to? Tackling planning and the continuance of warmer weather. This time of year makes me giddy!


Well...here I am, in my first complete maternity outfit, jeans and top! I have had to start searching for a few pieces to start my collection. My stuff that still fits just doesn't seem to accentuate the right areas if you know what I mean. Tends to be too tight in all the wrong places. I bought my first pair of maternity jeans in white because first of all, I love white jeans, and second, spring and summer is a comin' and I think I will get so much use out of these. I have also bought just a couple basic tops such as this one in the picture because I can wear it casually and also wear them to work with my scrub pants. I'm still waiting to get my new pants in from the scrub shop but can't wait to see how they work. I got to order any color I wanted since we can wear colors of our choice at my job. At the hospital we had a choice of two colors so that's about the only colors I have for scrubs and have still been wearing those same two colors for the most part since I switched jobs. Scrubs are EXPENSIVE and I'm CHEAP, haha so I make them last till they have literally no life left in them.

This week we also had a checkup at the doctor and my official anatomy scan ultrasound. WOO HOO! ; ) I have to admit it was a little underwhelming seeing as though we had just seen her a week or so before. In addition to that, she was head down and really hiding her face a lot. It was hard to even get a decent face shot. But the great news was that anatomically she looked great. I had worried about her kidneys because of my kidney issues I was born with and just seeing so many ultrasounds day after day just makes you that much aware of what can go wrong developmentally. Needless to say I was watching that screen, viewing her head to toe with a fine tooth comb. Happy to report that everything looked great and she weighed an estimated 7 oz! Yep, 7 oz is about all I can blame on her from my 12 pound weight gain. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Just knowing she is growing healthy and on track was the most important info of the day! 

This week we also took a trip to Louisiana to see my wonderful family. Me, Jason, Randi, and the kids went to mine and Randi's grandma's (who I call mom, who Brady calls "mommy's granny") and had a delicious lunch and then headed over to my Uncle Dennis and Aunt Cindy's for an afternoon of visiting and kids playing. My cousins Kyle and Kim were like mine and Randi's best friends growing up and we spent so much time together as kids. Kim has three children Ella, Addison, and Sam and Brady and Aiden LOVE playing with them in Aunt Cindy's backyard. It was a little chilly in LA but we sat on the porch the whole afternoon watching them play. We always have the best time there and I am always sad to leave. Every time I think, gosh how awesome would it be if we just lived a lot closer to each other. The kids always have the best time and the adults lots of laughs as well. Great memories from that backyard for sure!

Well, that's about all I've got. Hopefully, some plans will start to formulate soon and I will have some more exciting updates!

Cheers,
Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment