Monday, March 5, 2012

17 Weeks



How far along? 17 weeks
Weight loss/gain? +9-10 pounds, will find out for sure at next weeks appt.
Maternity clothes? Still loving the one pair of maternity leggings and two maternity camisole tanks I bought. They are SUPER long and sooo comfy, I could live in them
Stretch Marks? Nope
Sleep? Sleeping great other than the sinus/allergy crap I'm dealing with this week
Best moment this week? Finding out Little O is a girl! Happy to be saying "her and she" instead of "it"
Miss Anything? The beautiful weather we are having and Spring coming makes me miss so much...SHOPPING, running, happy hour...even still, my favorite time of year is approaching!
Movement? Sometimes I think I feel it but I'm still not 100% sure and now that's become my latest concern. I find myself worried about her almost more now than before
Food Cravings? Brownies, ugh! Always a favorite in my book but lately I've wanted to literally skip dinner in exchange for a few brownies
Anything making you queasy or sick? Oven roasted turkey. random. But Jason bought oven roasted instead of smoked at the grocery store this week and I couldn't even make it through one sandwich...there's a big difference in case you didn't know.
Have you started to show yet?  Little baby bump. Definitely poking out there
Gender? Girl!
Labor signs? No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy! Planning is starting, Spring is coming, our social calendar picks back up this time of year...who couldn't be happy?
Looking forward to? So much! Planning the nursery, picking a name, and feeling the baby move indefinitely


17 Weeks and moving along. We did the big gender reveals to family and friends this week and had just so much fun doing that. I know that every single child is special but I know we won't ever forget all the special things we did and announcements we made for our first baby ever. This is such a big time for any couple in their lives and I am having the most fun documenting each step. I hope she appreciates reading back on all of these things later in life. I also hope that I continue to be dedicated to it through her life and the lives of her siblings. I know how that goes though and life tends to take us by storm and things don't work out the way we hoped. But for now, I can hope! Not too much to tell this week other than that #1 I have become a sweets maniac....NOT. GOOD. FOR. THE. WAISTLINE. I've always had a sweet tooth but it seems it's kicked into overdrive lately. I'm trying to let myself enjoy some pregnancy conveniences without going overboard. What in the world was I thinking when I ordered those girl scout cookies...haha. So I wanted to share two items that I have found to be super delicious yet still decent in the calorie department.
Ok, these things are FAB!! Anyone who loves strawberry will crave these after one bite. They are only 80 calories and super filling and taste like fresh strawberries. They are even made with fresh fruit frozen in. LOVE THEM. Now if I could just stop eating one a night...even at 80 cals each, I'm sure I don't need one every single night.
And THESE! Mmmmm mmmmm mmmm.....A co-worker turned me on to these and I've been hooked since. I love chocolate and raspberry together and this gives me a great chocolate fix. And at 140 cals for 3 cookies, I don't think that's too bad at all. Plus it has 8g of whole grain. I also hear the cranberry citrus is good but I don't like cranberry. I am tempted to try the blueberry brown sugar one but I love these so much I don't know if I can. Oh and watch out, they are kinda pricey. $3.50 a bag at Walmart I believe. Don't worry, we will still be making the splurge, they are that worth it! Trust me!

And since I got off on my sweet tangent above and forgot to mention #2....that would be, the fact that I am totally frustrated with maternity clothes. This includes but is not limited to: how to buy them, where to find them, why are they so stinking expensive, why can't I just buy bigger sizes in regular clothes, and why should I buy things now that I will just have to re buy later when I get bigger. As of right now I can still wear basically my whole wardrobe with the exception of a few work items. I can tell they have very little life left in them and it's about time to upgrade. Jeans are the same, still fitting but starting to get snug. And right now I'm just sorta at an awkward phase between looking chubby and looking pregnant. I think it's going to work itself out soon enough for sure but this week left me sorta frustrated in the clothing department...namely on the search for work shirts to wear with my scrub pants. I did order a couple new scrub pants to get me started so I'm excited to see how those work out! Any tips anyonw? I could sure use 'em! I've been grilling my pregnant patients on all of their cute maternity finds : )

Since we found out the gender lots of people have asked "well, have you already started going nuts shopping?" and the answer is, no, not really yet. I've bought a few things but I'm still kinda figuring all of this out really. However, I had to share one outfit we received. One of my oh so sweet co-workers from the hospital bought Little O the most precious outfit as a gift to us for finding out the gender. She left it for me at the hospital when I worked on Friday....
Oh my goodness! I about died!! How CUTE! And I have to add that this is also her very first tutu! How special is that? Totally love it! 

Cheers,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment