Monday, January 30, 2012

Hello 2nd trimester, goodbye forever fatigued!


Not the best belly pic but this is the most I got dressed this week : )
How far along? 13 weeks
Totalweight gain/loss: 5 pounds
Maternityclothes? Still rocking my regular wardrobe
Stretchmarks? Nope
Sleep: Still sleeping great, minus the getting up at least once in the middle of the night for bathroom visit : )
Bestmoment this week: Going on a date night with the hubs to Cajun's and ordering the Boston Casserole (AKA decadent cheesy pasta seafood) with absolutely no guilt or regrets...I seriously made happy food noises with every.single.bite!!!  
Haveyou told family and friends: YES!
MissAnything? Once again, wine on date night....this may be a constant. Going hard core on  workouts and running my tail off, a light jog is taking the place as well as low impact at my workout class
Movement: None that I feel but I see it move like crazy when I ultrasound it. Shocked me the first time I saw a major movement, I couldn't help but smile and stare in awe
Foodcravings: Sweets, fruit, and chicken. And craving salads a lot more which I generally don't care for that much! Also pretty consistent on wanting my morning bowl of cheerios for breakfast.
Anythingmaking you queasy or sick: Ground beef in Mexican
Haveyou started to show yet: Just a little, looks like I could use some toning at the gym and a few less sweets ; )
Genderprediction: Seem to think boy most of the time but no hard core prediction 
LaborSigns: No
BellyButton in or out? In
Weddingrings on or off? On
Happyor Moody most of the time:  Feeling a lot happier, 2nd tri is sooo much better, even with no sickness I can tell a change in the relief of moodiness and fatigue
Lookingforward to: Finding out the baby's gender...I'm having trouble resisting imaging at work since I know I could start playing detective on this babe at any point now!



So this week starts our 2nd trimester, if you didn't already guess by the title ; ) I can't wait to see what this chapter has in store. I have always heard that the 2nd tri is the best and I am really looking forward to seeing for myself. Don't get me wrong, the first could have been way worse, but I am so relieved to get back to feeling like myself. Getting projects and things done at night and not constantly spending my time on the couch or in the bed feeling worthless. This house needs a little TLC in a few areas I've had in mind for a long time. Obviously, I want to get all of this done before the baby gets here so the time is now! Of course, once I know the gender my focus will shift to nursery planning and the like so I figure it's now or never for this ol' house! Since Jason has been done with school and many of his evenings are free again and not dedicated to nightly school work or watching class videos, I'm excited for us to get back into doing things together that we enjoy such as projects for the house and exercise.  As soon as we get past college football recruiting season, maybe I'll have his undivided attention.....on nights that the Razorbacks don't play basketball...and when the new TV show "The River" isn't on....and when "Swamp people isn't on......errrrr....you get my drift! Clearly he has a lot of relaxation time to make up for! No worries, crunch time is a comin' my dear : )


Cheers,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment