Thursday, August 25, 2011

Busy days, good deals, and COOKING!

Whew, another busy week at the Otwell house. Still recovering from getting back into the swing of things from Jamaica and resumeing our spot in our busy busy life. Plenty of posts coming on Jamaica but I see that as a Sunday detailed project. We got home from vacation and settled back in to work and a weekend of call ahead for the shopaholic. What a bummer, but praising the Lord for the opportunity to make more money and replenish what was spent in Jamaica. This past weekend we had a big camping trip planned with all of our friends so that was a lot of fun. Lake time is definitely my happiest time in the summer. I think it's one of the reasons I love summer so much. Put me on a boat, on the water, with some music and I could just stay there all day for days and days! Here are a couple of photos from our weekend on the lake






Jason catching some air

I just love our friends and the times we spend together. We always have the most fun whatever it is we are doing.

Back home again Jason and I have been working on a couple of remodels in the house which I am so excited about! I will share all the details as soon as the projects are finished. As usual, I've gotten my hands dirty in a couple different areas all at the same time and nothing is quite complete yet!

I've been trying to spend more time in the kitchen and get out of the eating out rut! I truly love to cook when I have plenty of time it just seems as if we simply don't have time for anything less than something on the run lately. Last week I decided to take advantage of the end of summer tastes and make these fabulous coconut lime sugar cookies! Yum-me!!


Here is the finished product


I sure do love a sugar cookie and these definitely did not disappoint!

Also thought I would share a couple shopaholic super deals! I came across these some time ago but some of the things I just got around to wearing. This dress I happened upon this summer. I discovered a sale by accident and couldn't pass this little baby up!


This dress was originally $100 and I paid $9.99. Possibly the best day of my entire summer! Haha I totally felt like a super shopper! I pulled this next top out to wear to dinner with the girls this week. I had found it on sale this summer and stored it away till I had the right opportunity to wear it.




Hard to tell the details on it but it is way cuter on than it shows in pictures. This top was originally $60 and I paid $9.95 for it! SCORE!! Now if I could just find some awesome deals on fall clothing! I get mildly obsessed with getting a deal and try to avoid paying full price at all cost. I don't know about you ladies but it gets me so excited!

Well that's about all I have for now! It's Thursday and about time to get ready for another very busy weekend ahead. Goodbye Mr. Free Time, see ya again after Christmas. As crazy as it sounds, yes, I pretty much do have all of our weekends planned until Christmas, oh.the.fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment