Sunday, July 31, 2011

Last minute preps and parties


Saturday stressful day! We spent all of our day packing and getting ready for the big Anniversary trip! Even though I had two days off of work this week, somehow I still had an entire day's worth of errands to run tonight. Completing everything for our trip, tying loose ends on Randi's birthday, and gathering the last few things for Jason's anniversary present!

We celebrated the big 32 with my sister with just a small dinner at home. The boys, that means you Aiden, can be a little hard to corral in restaurants so we thought low key would be best...in addition to the fact that Jason and I hadn't really even started our packing! Here is Aiden enjoying some yummy mini birthday cupcakes








And the birthday girl



And Nettie and her boys



And me and Brady



Another great family birthday! After that Jason and I headed home to exchange anniversary presents and start packing. So I told you this years gift was cotton. So here is Jason with all of his cotton gifts!





And...like I said...he totally blew me away. One of the most special gifts I have ever received that I can keep forever....are you ready for this....



Two cotton roses!! Be still my sentimental heart.. I was so stumped on cotton and didn't think he would be able to nail it but he definitely surprised me! I also got a SUPER cute Juicy purse for fall and a new lifejacket for the boat which hasn't come in yet.


I did have one special surprise cooked up for us, because of course every couple should eat cake on their anniversary..



My apologies to the little man cupcake, he suffered a minor concussion due to my fantastic driving skills. So after our little at home celebration we tackled packing! Millie, a friend of ours, once said as long as the suitcase will zip, it's all good! And I tend to agree..exhibit A


Ridiculous. I'm pretty sure every time Jason and I fly someone asks us where we've been and for how long because we sure do have a lot of baggage. Never stayed anywhere longer than 7 days. Yep, we absolutely need that kitchen sink in there! Lord help us when we travel with children someday. I'm going to put in a prayer request to God for a little self help and a minimalist attitude on that one. Oh dare to dream.

So now we are happily on our way to sunny Jamaica and ready to get our reggae on. I thoroughly plan to show the locals my salsa dancing moves I learned in Zumba class and maybe even get some sweet rastafarrian braids! I wonder if Jamaicans salsa?? More importantly, is there good shopping in Jamaica? : ) Oh well, wherever the wind takes us, or Delta airlines rather


We should be in Jamaica by 1:00 Central time and will be celebrating 2 years of wedded Otwell bliss tomorrow Aug 1. The past two years have been so great I can't wait to see what the lord has in store for us for the next 72-75, because I plan to live until I'm at least 100 : ). But for now, I still consider us newlyweds and every year on August 1st, I still like to think of us as the bride and groom!


See ya next week!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment