Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Shopaholic prepares for vacation.

Well, in just a few days, Sunday morning to be exact, The shopaholic and husband will jump on a plane and head to Jamaica to celebrate our two short years of being hitched! I say short because it really has gone by SOO fast it seems....those days of flowers, decisions, appointments, cakes, and caterers seem like they were only yesterday...Yet we are so glad they really weren't. Have you ever planned a wedding? Holy moly..STRESSFUL is all I can say. As the old saying goes it really is all for the guests and you barely get to enjoy it because the day goes by way too fast...Speaking of, Im still perturbed to the fact that I never got to taste those cheesy potatoes that I specifically picked out, I demand a re-do...NOT (just kidding mom, you can breathe easy!).

So now here we are, two years later, and I am again STRESSED! Trip planning is certainly not my forte because for one, in typical "Me" fashion, I make things 10 times harder than they actually are and turn 2 stops in town into 20 stops in town. For example, today I was looking for a simple little inexpensive necklace. I had a certain thing in mind, focused on the prize, should be a piece of cake right?? WRONG-O. Instead of one little inexpensive necklace I wound up holding 6...seriously 6! So, with no one to help I began to deductive reason with myself one by one. Yes, store owners think Im mentally challenged, and I wouldn't be one to argue. So dwindling them down one by one and I still had 4 necklaces in my hand. Keep in mind when I say inexpensive, not one of them was over $5. So Im holding them in my hand, "Ok this one's $1.50, this ones $2.80, this one's $3.80, oh wait...this last one is $1.50 also???! Oh forget it, I'll get them all and decide when I get home...Enter the Queen of Returns-that'd be me, thank you again Indecisive brain!

Beyond the trivial necklace drama, I have been running around gathering all of the small things you just HAVE to have for a trip. I am a habitual over packer. Everytime we go somewhere I say Im going to do better and I attempt to be less extravagant with each packing adventure. We will see how this time goes for me. But, Im happy to say that it is Wednesday and I have already planned, separated, and set aside all of my bathing suits and cover ups for the trip! SCORE! That is of course with the assistance of the economical man. His efforts to keep me grounded are so helpful and adorable! Thanks hun! Now if we can just tackle clothes, shoes, jewelry, we will be WINNING!

I also spent the last two days gathering a few new items for my camera in order to bring back lots of pictures which I am very excited about. And of course I had to put together an appropriate 2nd Anniversary gift for my sweetie! I hope he likes what I picked out. The traditional gift this year is Cotton so for fun we try to stick to that and see how creative each person can get. By the way, he usually kicks my rear in that department. Last year was paper and I made him a gift certificate to purchase two tickets to any Razorback game he chose, fairly obvious you might say. He, on the other hand, made me a treasure map that lead me all over the house to finally find the "buried" zebra treasure box underneath our bed which contained a handwritten love letter on old timey paper that had been rolled up and tied with a red bow! YEAH...totally kicked my rear. I really didn't know how I could up the ante this year with cotton because what could you really do with cotton? I have a plan, let's just hope he doesn't think it's lame or otherwise, blow me out of the water with some really sweet, obvious cotton gift!

So for the rest of this week we are working, trip planning/packing (more on that later), attending a gender reveal party for one of our very dear friends, and celebrating my big sister's big birthday before we head out of the states for a week of fun in the Jamaican sun. Pray for Jason please, he needs all the sanity he can get this week ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment