Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter Weekend Fun-ness

In an effort to avoid photo bombing Facebook into all oblivion, I decided to compose a post just for Easter on the blog to document all our activities. I try to be really conscience on maintaining a healthy balance on how many photos I plaster on Facebook. I mean, I obviously can't get enough of Presley Pics but I realize not everyone shares the same sentiment. Honestly, I wish I had done this for all of Presley's first holidays (more so for organizational reasons) but I chalk it up to just live and learn. Not to mention the fact that I would really like to scale back on the ONE MILLION photos that I include in each monthly post. So, here are all the happenings of my little duck's very first Easter.

First of all, the weather here has been absolutely weird. One day its sun-shiney, one day cold and rainy, parts of Arkansas have even had snow on Spring Break...just weird. With that being said, we started off Good Friday with a cold rainy day. Didn't have much planned except a little grocery shopping and spending the afternoon babysitting my sweet nephews. Presley was pumped about all the cousin time. The boys got to our house after lunch and the kiddos spent the afternoon having a movie day complete with pallets in the floor and most importantly, Wreck it Ralph.

Grocery shopping like a big girl!

Perfect day for lazy movie time. The boys are sooo sweet with Presley and she loves them dearly. Brady always wants her to sit or lay by him and I think she feels the same.

Sweet cousins

Movie time

Play time!


 I love their love for each other and hope it continues into their adult life. Brady cracks me up when he kisses her and says "Oh I just love this adorable little baby"....Melt. My. Heart! I think it's safe to say between Brady, Aiden, and Zack, this girl has got lots of built in bodyguards!

Watching one of Presley's Baby Einstein's together


On Saturday we hung around all morning and basked in another rainy morning. Actually, what we I really did was stalk the mailbox for Presley's Easter dress which was supposed to be in a long time ago, then on Saturday, but actually never even made it all. Talk about losing my cool...it's still a sore subject. Anyway. After all that hullabaloo, I realized the stupid thing wasn't coming so we better get our tails to the mall and start working out damage control, i.e. backup options. And while we were at it, make a trip to see the E.Bunny. Shopping ended up being mildly successful. Honestly I loved what Jason picked out, Presley's backup option pretty well matched his, and now with the previous elusive, never shipped dress, my dress was the odd ball out. I just decided forget it, at least we will all be dressed and at this late in the game, accomplishing that goal was a major success. The line to see the E.B was about 30 minutes long, not too bad. Presley did pretty well, not quite enough time to get her acclimated and smiling really good but considering the alternative, I took it as a win!
Heading to see the E.B






We were starving at this point and decided to head over to outback to have an early dinner...I may or may not have had a coupon ; ) Little P did AWESOME!!! Seriously so proud of this chick in public so far! She rode in her stroller shopping and sat all through dinner without saying a word!



And then she passed out, she had had enough



No worries, it was time to go to sleep any way to get ready for the E.B's big visit!!! He left little P with a big basket of goodies!!





And then, Jason, he also left mommy with a super awesome Easter Basket. Seriously, my husband is pretty impressive, I have to brag on him!



We had so much fun watching sweet P go through her bunny basket!










She really thought it was the coolest, as you can see here!







Afterwards we quickly got ready for church and the busy-ness began from there. Naturally I couldn't let the day pass without getting some family pics! Here we are of iphone quality!









And here we are of tripod quality!




Oh the joys of a group photo...I know everyone can relate to that! After an awesome church service and snapping some quick pics, we FLEW out the door to make it to stop #1 (Jason's Grandpa's) and then stop #2 (my mom's).  We had an awesome time at both places and P got to spend some quality time with both families. She also got to spend some quality time with a new friend, Mr. Pickle....they quickly became BFF.


Let me just tell you that the kid never even batted an eye, no sour face or anything! I think she loved the way the cold pickle felt on her little teething gums!
I was really just too tired to snap a whole lot of other pics at either stop but here is some of P rocking her Easter bib.






FYI...I'm now in love with animal bibs, especially those with 3D ears built in : ) Hope everyone had a great Easter! I know we sure did. This little darling shines God's sweet graces in my face every single day and I can't wait to see her grow into the person only he knows!






No comments:

Post a Comment