Thursday, September 29, 2011

My favorite grilled chicken recipe

With so many unfinished projects that I would love to blog about, I've been left at a loss of topic! So I thought I would blog and share my favorite grilled chicken recipe for anyone who would like to try it! I love sharing great recipes! This is excellent to have in the summer time when the grill is our go-to cooking tool! All you have to do us buy the amount of boneless skinless chicken breasts you will need and prepare this marinade:
1 C. Finely chopped cilantro
1 C. Mayo
1/2 C. Extra virgin olive oil
1/4 C. Lime juice
2 t. ground cumin (I don't like a whole lot of cumin so I substitute cavenders seasoning for this and leave out the salt below)
1 t. salt

Mix all the ingredients in a reasealable bag and add the chicken breasts.



Yummy!!

Now place in the refrigerator to marinade for at least 4 hours but up to 8!



After it has marinaded just throw on the grill to cook! I like it to get a little charred on the edges and the marinade gives it a really great flavor which reminds me of summer! And here is the finished product



Mmmm! My fav!

Also wanted to share with you all a little trick I found in the kitchen that you may all already know. If you have ever needed brown sugar for something and find that it has dried and clumped up on you, there is an easy fix for that! Just take your opened bag of brown sugar and a cup of water



And pop it in the microwave side by side for about a minute! Your brown sugar will come out soft and grainy just as it should be!



And while Im blogging about really nothing in particular, I wanted to share a couple of the crafts I have been working on lately. I've recently taken an interest in crafting really just to see if I was actually capable. Bear with me as these are a little rough and I am definitely a crafting newbie! So far I have tried a couple different razorback wreaths. Here is the one I made for my mom.



And here is the one I made for myself



I have been having a lot of fun trying things out and getting to know the personal details of all the staff at hobby lobby ; ) Hopefully with time and practice I can improve! If love to be able to create lots of pretties someday! Happy Thursday to you all!

Love,
Kell
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment